Which areas require the Alien’s Travel Permit?
Presently, only Lhasa and Nagqu are opened to foreigners and all other areas are regarded as unopened areas for foreigners. Aliens’ Travel Permit as one of essential document is a must to visit them, including:
1. Shigatse Area: including Sakya Monastery, Mt. Everest & Everest Base Camp, Rongbuk Monastery, etc.
2. Gyangtse County: including Palcho Monastery &its Kubum Stupa, etc.
3. Shannan Region: including Samye Monastery, Changdruk Temple, Yumbulagang Palace, Tomb of Tibetan King, etc.
4. Nyingchi Region: including Basum Lake, Pomi, Rawu, etc.
5. Ngari Region: including Mt. Kailash, Lake Manasarovar, etc.